Our vision is that Stowmarket Town Pastors, fully backed by prayer, should care for people on the streets, in and around the town centre by:
- Looking out for and supporting vulnerable people,
- Giving assistance where appropriate
- Providing a presence of friendliness and care so that people can enjoy their night out
- Defusing potentially aggressive situations
- Being available to people as listeners
- Encouraging safe behaviour for all
- Fostering good relationships between the public, the police, the local authorities and voluntary agencies.
Stowmarket Town Pastors’ scheme currently operates in the town on Friday nights from 8pm until around midnight and some Saturdays from 10pm to 3am with a team of fully trained and equipped Town Pastors. At the town centre base, other team members stay in contact with the pastors and provide prayer support. Meanwhile, dedicated folk at home are committed to praying all the time that the pastors are on the streets!